Adrian Burke & Associates specialise in intellectual property and information technology law...
...and advise on a range of matters including non-contentious and contentious IP issues as well as all aspects of computer, telecommunications, e-commerce and internet law.
In particular, we advise our clients on:
- Trade mark selection, adoption, registerability, exploitation, enforcement and protection.
- Copyright exploitation, protection and enforcement.
- Patents and industrial designs.
- Database and software protection.
- Technology contracts including software licensing, development and exploitation agreements.
- Data protection, data protection audits, exporting personal data outside the EEA, collecting processing and utilising personal data, privacy statements for websites and advising on the data protection legislation in the context of direct marketing.
- Advising both employers and employees on the appropriate provisions in employment contracts in the context of IP ownership issues.
- Advice and assistance on the protection of confidential information and trade secrets, ownership disputes, actions for passing-off and infringement actions.